FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the festival dates?
Big Picture Festival 2020 kicks off on Saturday 28 November. Films will be available until 06 December 2020.
Where does the festival take place?
This year all of the content will be online so that everyone can enjoy great films from the comfort of their own homes during lockdown.
We hope that next year we will be able to show films in person again.
What is Big Picture Show?
Big Picture Show is a cinema service provided by Live & Local which enables communities to programme films in their local halls. To find out more, visit us on Facebook.
I'm a filmmaker, how can I get involved?
We're looking for local film makers to submit films for the upcoming Big Picture Festival.
We are looking for films to share that meet the following criteria:
- community and/or family focused
- free to view and free from any licence restrictions
- your own work
- local to Warwickshire/West Midlands
Films can be any length.
Films will be uploaded to the ticketholders section of our website and be available until Sun 06 Dec 2020.
Please submit your films to firstname.lastname@example.org
How much are tickets?
We want as many people as possible to be able to access the festival so tickets will be available on a Pay What You Want basis so you can decide how much you would like to pay.
The Big Picture Festival is run by Live & Local, a not-for-profit organisation that supports voluntary organisations who bring their communities together to enjoy high-quality, entertaining and affordable professional live theatre, storytelling, music, dance, family & children's shows and film screenings.
I'm a local business interested in getting involved, who do I contact?
We'd love to chat to any local businesses interested in getting involved with the festival. You can use the contact form on this website or contact email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you.
Can ticketholders watch the films at any time?
Yes, films will be available to stream from Saturday 28 November until Sunday 06 December 2020 so you can watch them on a day and time that suit you. Please note that all the feature-length films are limited in availability and you must reserve your tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the ticket page for more information.
When will the film program be available?
Film details for this year's Big Picture Festival will be available by Saturday 21 November. Follow us on social media to be amongst the first to find out!
Do I pay per film?
No, ticketholders just need to buy a festival pass and this gives access to the full program of films. Please not that all the feature-length films are limited in availability and you must reserve your tickets by emailing email@example.com. Visit the ticket page for more information.
Can I stop, rewind, fast forward and re-watch movies?
Yes! Films will be available to watch as YouTube links or similar so will be viewable in the same way as you would normally watch on YouTube. Once you have access to the films, there are no restrictions on how many times you watch.
What are the Film Trivia Quiz Competition terms and conditions?
Big Picture Festival Film Trivia Quiz Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter is: Live & Local Ltd (company no. 2955922) whose registered office is at Live & Local, Pageant House, 2 Jury Street, Warwick CV34 4EW.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of Live & Local Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.bigpicturefestival.org.uk.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 06/12/2020 at 5PM GMT. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: To enter the competition, download and complete the Big Picture Festival Film Trivia Quiz found at www.bigpicturefestival.org.uk then email your completed sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into the prize draw.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: 1 x Live & Local Silver Friends Membership, worth £20. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random, from all entries received and verified by Live & Local.
14. The winner will be notified by email on Monday 07 December. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. Live & Local shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. Live & Local also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.